Header Ads

Monday, October 14, 2013

Mariah Carey says shoulder injury ‘has been the toughest experience in my life’ in letter to fans

Mariah Carey wrote about her shoulder injury in a Facebook letter to fans Friday. ‘Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience in my life.’

Mariah Carey is getting over the hurdle of her recent shoulder injury and indefinitely delayed album release by penning a heartfelt letter to her fans.
The 43-year-old diva took to Facebook Friday to update her devotees on her latest musical project and the road to recovery after dislocating her shoulder in July.
“The last three months of my life have not been easy,” she wrote. “Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience in my life … thank God I was able to recover and get my arm back.”


Carey injured herself while shooting the music video for the remix of “#Beautiful” featuring Miguel with a special appearance by rapper Young Jeezy. The singer was dancing in high heels on the set of the video shot at the nightclub Avenue in New York City when she fell and dislocated her shoulder.
“It’s a huge deal, it should have taken eight months and even my doctors can’t believe it,” she continued. “It’s been a long journey, the physical therapists have been incredible and I am very grateful to all of them for helping me.”

Mariah Carey also indicated to fans that her new album ‘The Art of Letting Go’ may be coming out sooner than later.

Mariah Carey also indicated to fans that her new album ‘The Art of Letting Go’ may be coming out sooner than later.

But despite her suffering Carey admits to sneaking “in to the studio a couple o’ times.”

This may come as wonderful news to her fans who have been anticipating when the songbird’s next project would be released.
“There’s a lot of excitement that I’m going to reveal to you very soon,” Carey teased, “and sooner than you know it, you’re going to understand why but more than that, you’re going to feel what I’ve been feeling for the past – not three months – but three years.”

Aside from a collection of Christmas songs she released in 2010, Carey’s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel” album was released in 2009. So fans have been patiently waiting on some new music.
“This is, to me, one of the most important albums I’ve ever made in my life,” she wrote about her upcoming project “The Art of Letting Go.” “If you’re a lamb, a fan, or just a human being that needs to feel good, happy, sad, miserable, joyous … ‘I gotcha’ (said like Roc – you haven’t heard how he says it yet but you will soon, it’s a complete+total classic!)”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top